I will be happy to speak about jewellery for your event! Each presentation can be tailored to your needs: if at all possible, we can accompany it by a concise exhibition of the main items dicussed, so you and your audience can not only enjoy hearing about jewellery but feel, smell and try it for yourself as well. Presentations can be requested for any group with a minimum of 10 persons, and can be presented either in Dutch or in English. Please contact me for further information and we will come to the perfect arrangement for your event.
Workshops and trainings
How to start a collection? How do I discern between old and new jewellery? I want to learn about jewellery from the Arab world, about symbolism, about its history....where to go? I regularly teach courses on traditional jewellery from the Arab world and provide trainings and workshop afternoons for individual collectors. These are all available in Dutch or English. If you would like to be kept informed about new events, please drop me a line here.
I have lectured on traditional silver jewelry from the Arab world for:
- National Geographic Society
- groups of immigrants and refugees
- the National Museum of Antiquities, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Museum Het Markiezenhof, Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
- Livius Onderwijs, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Museum Amsterdam Noord, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Teylers Museum, Haarlem, The Netherlands
- Posterheide, Oosterbeek, The Netherlands
- Netherlands-Flemish Institute in Cairo, Egypt
- several private events